Friday, April 28, 2006

Welcome to my blog on my thoughts and views of Malaysian squash scene and also some other sports as well. I hope that this blog will help all the average Joe's to have a better understanding of what goes on in my world of squash. Why did I start this? Well, the inspiration arised from my Japanese player who has to fill a diary on her sponsors site every few days and I thought what the heck, let's give it a try and see how it goes and so here I am.

A little info on my background, I am a full time squash coach in Malaysia since 1999. Played some squash for the country but decided to end my playing career early and to venture into coaching as I felt that I could contribute more to the development of the game in Malaysia. So here I am today as a full time coach in the country.

Currently I am attached in Penang. Yes, the same state as Nicol David and yes, the same centre where she trains when she is back home. I head the only fully running squash Academy in the country with a total number of about 230 plus kids from 5 years old to 18 years old. I also have a couple of foreign players attached in the Academy. (will cover this later in detail)

Anyway, I think that is good enough for the start. Again, welcome to my world of squash.

No comments: