Friday, May 01, 2009

After A Month

Entrance to Office



National Squash Centre where my new working place is



It has been a month since my appointment as National Men's Coach. So far, I am pretty happy as things have been going pretty smooth and much better than I expected. I have been given the task of turning the underachieving boys, Elvinn, Kam Hing and Asyraf into decent squash players. Easier said than done as the boys lack the discipline and professionalism of Azlan and Beng Hee. This is gonna be my biggest challenge ever and I am looking forward to overcoming it with the help of the boys. They need to buckle down and get use to the hard and painful rigours of training if they want to go somewhere. Talent is there but it is of no use if the dedication, discipline and professionalism is missing.

Having Beng Hee and Azlan around at the moment has been tremendous help in getting the players to understand the needs of being a professional athlete and the sacrifices that they have made to get up there. We also have Stefan Galifi here as a sparring player and also Ritwik Bhattarcharya from India here during April who was impressed with the training facilities available to the players here.

I have my own table and stuff in the office in Bukit Jalil which is next to Raymond Arnold. It's not much but serves it purpose. I also have rented a small 2 room apartment which is walking distance to the courts. I have not gotten down to making it my home yet but hopefully soon as I am still settling in with my work at the moment. Pictures of that will be coming soon if I can remember... Hahaha



Enjoy the pictures and happy squashing.



My work area


The courts

1 comment:

six said...

i see a bright light at the end of the tunnel!if you know what i mean!

haha... good luck Allan!
cheers!